Monday, July 11, 2011

First letter: July 9, 2011

I love the MTC!  What a great time!  What a great opportunity!  I feel so great, I just don't even know how to explain it.  Who knew I could learn so much in a day and a half?  There is so much to say, I don't even know where to begin.

But, first off.  The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I'm alive.  I'm happy :).  I love my companion and it's just great to be here!  I can literally feel the weight of the spirit oozing from each smiling face (how was that for a description? haha)  I love the gospel!  I love missionary work!  I love it!

Today was rough, as I got a bad night of sleep last night, but it was awesome to learn new material and meet a lot of new people.

There's too much to tell you!!

My companion's name is Elder Kip Denton.  Oh.  My.  Hash browns.  What a man!  Elder Denton's hometown is Sterling, Utah.  He is the epitome of a farm boy/cowboy and he sure talks like one too :).  He talks real slow and a couple of octaves lower, as if he's the wisest man in the world.  Oh man.  I love Elder Denton :).

My district is so amazing!  We're already all friends, and me and Denton are buds with Elders Van Wagoner and Urban.  We pretty much go everywhere together.

By the way...the food is awesome.  I hope I don't get fat...

Well, I'm, out of time!  There's still SO much to tell you and that'll all come next Wednesday, okay?

I love you so much and I know this is what I need to be doing.

Talk to you later :)

Elder Atkin

No comments:

Post a Comment