Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012 - I'm all out of subjects to use...


Dear Family,
 
What's up, champs??  Sorry, but this email's going to be another short one. Busy preparation day today.
 
I'm doing great! It's been scorchin' hot lately, but it doesn't bother me as much these days. I just wish that the clouds would unleash some rain on us these days. Gee whizz! I'm truly greatful that we have a car to use so we don't have to walk and bike everywhere. Sure, we still walk a ton, but it's nice to go back to the car and get a little cool air. Did you know that Elder Quinn's been in car areas his whole mission? He hasn't had to use his bike at all! The OTM is very much a car mission because of how big the areas are. Usually the only bike areas are in the cities, in the which the OTM has very few large ones.
 
It was an okay week for us. Well... I guess it was more of a week of extremes, I should say. Bummer of the week: Elder Quinn was sick for the 3rd week in a row with a really nasty cold. It's just starting to get a little ridiculous how often he's getting sick. Talk about a really bad immune system! Our numbers continue to suffer because of a lot of time spent sitting in the apartment. But hey, at least I got to write some letters, read my scriptures, and clean the apartment. I just want to get out there and work! It seems like we haven't had the time to work our tails off for a full week in forever.
 
Great news of the week: We picked up a new investigator named Barbara. She's actually a former investigator that - like many other investigators - had their records lost in the tornado. Her neighbors (the Pagans) are members and they told us to stop by. Elder Quinn stopped by with Elder Pope on an exchange and then I went over to teach her the Restoration a few days later with Elder Pope because Elder Quinn was sick. She's really nice, but she's had a lot of problems to deal with. She has a rough past and is a single mom, so life is pretty tough sometimes. Add to the load her son who has infinity health problems and she just doesn't know what to do. As we taught her the first lesson she just cried and cried because the Spirit was so strong. Our exchange was able to bear testimony and comfort her. Having a member with us was the best thing we could've ever done! He saved the lesson and he helped her feel the Spirit. We'll see how things go in the future.
 
Darn! I have to go, but I have some more things to say to y'all. I think I'll write you a letter. Have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Atkin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment