Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 8, 2012 - Conference!

Dear Family,

What a great week! Elder Nordine and I picked up 5 new investigators, set 3 baptismal dates, and had 7 investigators watch General Conference. Yeehaw! Heavenly Father has truly blessed us. Sometimes I really wonder why, but we must be doing something right.

This General Conference has got to be the best conference I've ever seen in my whole life!! I loved every single talk and I took notes like a mad man. My favorite talk? Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. Us missionaries have nicknamed him "The Bulldog" because of 1) how epic his talks are and 2) because he even looks like a bulldog :) Either way his talk really spoke to me and made me want to be better. The Bulldog never fails. My second favorite talk? President Monson's announcement about lowering the age of new full-time missionaries. CRAZY! Our whole district was watching conference at the Carthage building and it took everything we had to not jump up and shout. You see, we were in the chapel. Afterward, we couldn't help but talk about all of the possibilities for the future. Here are some of my thoughts:

-I think that the church is prepping to open China to missionary work. This rumor has been going on since Pres. Monson was a child (jk I don't know), I really think that it will happen soon. Membership is going to skyrocket!
-This one's obvious, but the number of missionaries is going to double within the next few years.
-There's going to be A TON more sister missionaries. It will be more and more common for church members to have sisters covering their wards.
-Twice as many elders are now going to marry Sister RM's. Heck, triple. It's going to be tough for someone like me to get married :)
-Church schools like BYU will have barely any 18-year-old freshmen.

I'm just super excited! It'll be fun to see how things changed.

Okay, so this is super random, but the librarian is kicking me off of the computer right now. I don't really have time to explain. Sorry! Maybe I'll send you a short email tomorrow. Just know that I'm doing great and so is our area. Love you all!

Love, Elder Atkin

No comments:

Post a Comment