Monday, June 24, 2013

Sup, dudes

Dear Family,
 
This whole emailing thing is really wearing me out. Buuuuuuuut I'll still write ya somethin' :)
 
Just got your email Mom. Wasn't that meeting so amazing!?! You're right, I did cry. I'm so predictable nowadays, now aren't I? Dang it. Right from the opening song I was feeling the Spirit a TON. It was almost like He was saying, "Yeah, this is a big deal. Just in case you were wondering." And it is a big deal! Most of the things our church leaders instructed us on yesterday are things that we already know, but we must not miss the emphasis on member-missionary work. If anyone left that meeting feeling disappointed it's their own fault. "The hastening" isn't going to happen with just 70,000 missionaries, it's going to happen with 15 million members.
 
The broadcast was already special to me for many different reasons, but it was even better because Claire was there. She came to church at 2:30 and stayed for the long haul. Everything was so perfect! The members fellowshipped her so well, Gospel Principles had an excellent lesson on the Sacrament... And I know how much Claire loves to hear conversion stories so I was happy to see all of the cool videos in the broadcast on that very thing. Claire might've left a little overwhelmed, but I know she enjoyed the day. Really it's been a great 2 days for her. On Saturday we taught her the Word of Wisdom for the first time. I was really anxious how it was going to turn out, but in the end it was one of the best lessons we've had with her. She really understood the principle of obedience to commandments and was willing to try living it for a week (she drinks tea). I promised her that her prayers would be answered soon if she lived it. It was so awesome!
 
I don't know what to say except that our week was pretty good and I'm holding on for dear life here in Arkansas. Everything is crashing in around me, but all I can do is keep moving forward - keep doing what I've always done. I now know that things will work out for me if I just work hard to the very end and do what I'm supposed to. The Lord keeps blessing us with new investigators and with new opportunities. I can still get a lot done in 2 weeks, ya know?
 
Wish me luck and pray for me.
 
Love, Elder Atkin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment