Wednesday, September 21, 2011

July 28, 2011

Dear Family,
Howdy! I am Currently in Tulsa, Oklahoma and it's 5:30 in the morning. But hey, it's a great day :) I had to wake up so early so I could actually get a shower before I didn't get the chance. That and I leave at 6:45 for my first new area in my mission. So exciting!
we landed in the Tulsa airport yesterday and i remember walking outside and about suffocating to death. Holy hot and humid, People where right! but immediately we were whisked off to the mission home of Pres. and Sister Merkley. we ate food and spent the rest of the day learning about the mission, learning how to drive safe, and near the end of the day we received our assignment. Here it is:
My companion's name is Elder Navaratil from Canada. I'll be serving in Springdale, Arkansas. How exciting! I don't know much more about Elder Navaratil, but I do know that he's a red head. Oh boy... this ought to be fun.:)
So. I leave in about an hour. Wow! Its all very real right now. In a few hours I'll be in training and possibly teaching. All of a sudden its coming full speed! But I love it. I love my mission president, I love this hot and humid place, I love the weird bugs I've seen already, and I already love my companion. Arkansas sounds just so cool right now!
I was so good to talk to you yesterday. I hope y'all know I love you very much, and that I'll email you soon. Preparation days are on Mondays, so it should be then.

Pray for me! I will pray for you!
Love,
Elder Atkin

No comments:

Post a Comment