Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012


Dear Family,
 
I'm so tired of not getting that much time to email! I guess you'll just have to be okay with my short emails until we figure something else out. 4 elders and 1 computer with limited time equals lame sauce. Sorry! And don't worry about not getting an email to me. It's okay :) I knew that you might be busy. I'm okay, I'm not a baby haha
 
Today Elder Quinn and I are heading down to Tulsa for Zone Leader Council at the mission home. It'll be fun to pass through Owasso and see some familiar sites. Do you know what's cool? There are 3 other elders from my MTC district that are zone leaders right now. Yeah, that's how awesome we are ;) It ought to be an interesting ZLC this time around because President Merkley is going home at the end of this transfer. I'm so sad! He's seriously one of the most spiritually strong people I've ever met. He's very quoteable and very likeable. Some elders complain about him behind his back, but nobody will deny how amazing he really is. President Shumway will have big shoes to fill.
 
The work is going well here in Joplin. There is SO much potential! I'm just waiting for things to burst wide open. We just keep getting caught up in zone leader duties and service and such. But I really have a feeling that this week will be a good one. We handed out about 40 Book of Mormons at church the past couple of weeks and a lot of members are committing to talk to friends. Cool stuff! Tons of members have friends/family that they're working on. Amber is probably going to make it to her baptism on the 16th, so we're stoked about that. We met with Tom this week and went over some of his concerns on being baptized. He really opened up and we were able to talk comfortably. Tom's had multiple baptismal dates, but we think that he'll come around soon. Heck, he's attended church for 3 years in a row now!
 
Hmmm... what else is going on around here... I don't really know what to say. Especially since I don't have much time left. Just know that I'm happy when I'm busy and I'm so so so excited about the work in this area. So many cool people! Joplin has some ghetto parts, but it also has some ridiculously rich neighborhoods. I like to be a part of both worlds. Elder Quinn and I are getting along quite well, despite my snoring. Gee wizz I flippin' hate snoring! It's kind of embarassing. Besides that, we're best pals.
 
Don't worry too much about my B-Day. If you send anything at all, send my Jon Schmidt CDs (and maybe some new ones), I could use a yellow or orange tie (I don't have any of that color), and an SD card-reader would be great. I just want pictures of the family too! I know that I haven't really sent any lately, but if I had a card reader I totally could. I just wish I could have a hug from y'all for my birthday, that's all...
 
The Gospel is true, my fellow family members. It's sure great to be serving the Lord at this time and I just hope that I'm being the best I can be. Pray that your son won't be afraid to share his testimony. I still get scared! Especially when it seems like I'm not having success.
 
Have a great week! Talk to you soon.
 
Love, Elder Atkin

No comments:

Post a Comment