Monday, May 13, 2013

Wonderful Mother's Day

Dear Family,
 
Calling home was exactly what I needed yesterday. For a while there I didn't really think of it much, but when Saturday rolled around I was suddenly very excited at the thought of talking to my family. I couldn't wait! I was so happy as I talked to y'all. I could feel your love and support. It's just like I said: even if there isn't a living soul in Arkansas that gives a care about me, I at least know I have a family that's rooting for me. And the rooting sure helps as the time is dwindling down. Time to finish strong! I feel an urgency to get it done like never before. And by the way, Elder H loved your happy birthday rendition on the kazoos. He was like, "I was wondering what that weird noise was." Ain't it great to be an Atkin?? Yeehaw!!
 
So I don't have much to say since I already pretty well updated you on everything yesterday. Life is good and the work is going well. Church was excellent and we even had an investigator show up! He's been mostly attending the Bentonville 3rd branch, but a sister from our ward invited him to check out the YSA since he falls under that category. His name is Colton and he seems like a cool guy. It was only fitting that we taught about the Restoration in Gospel Principles too. We hope to meet with him again this week.
 
Right now I'm sitting in the Bentonville public library on the computer. Since I don't really have a lot to say I've been spending a lot of time on lds.org and mormon.org just browsing and watching mormon messages and such. Eventually I decided to listen to music from General Conference and that's what I've been doing for the most part for the last half hour. I really enjoy the 3 songs from this last conference by the combined BYU choir. Golly, I would do ANYTHING to be in a choir with this kind of calibur. I long for it. My absolute favorite is "Did You Think to Pray?" Quite literally I've been sitting here in the library having a spiritual experience. I keep looking around me, almost wondering if anyone else can feel the powerful Spirit that I'm feeling. I close my eyes and I feel such peace and happiness. It's one of those moments where you don't want it to ever end. I feel kind of embarrassed because I keep on almost crying. In the library! Music has such a powerful effect on me that I can't quite describe. I wish I could share this same feeling with everybody. If you want to feel close to Heavenly Father and take a quick break from the stresses of life, I'd suggest putting on some headphones, closing your eyes, and listening to these songs. You'll tear up too.
 
Well, I don't know what else to say other than I have a testimony of the power of music. I love my church and I love the people in the church that share the same sentiments as I do. I testify of God's infinite wisdom and love. He gives me everything that I need. And just as powerful as my feelings for music is my feelings about the Prophet - Thomas S. Monson. The Spirit has borne witness to my spirit that he is the man called of God to hold all the keys and to guide and direct us. I love him. How I wish I could talk to him. The same can be said of my Savior. I love Him and I long to know Him better.
 
Thanks for being there for me. Wish me luck as I work through another week. Stay strong, Atkin clan!
 
Love, Elder Atkin

No comments:

Post a Comment