Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 19, 2012 - Hey

Dear Family,

Golly, this week was a blur. It's hard for me to remember everything that happened. There are some Mondays that I come and sit at the computer and have so much to say but don't know how to say it. Today is one of those days. I've been sitting here for about 15 minutes looking at the screen trying to conjure up a sentence or two. What's so hard about typing an email about my week??? I just feel deflated. Don't worry, I don't mean that in a bad way. My brain seems to shut down on the "Day of Jubilee." It's probably because my mind has been running a million miles an hour since the last Preparation Day. Don't get mad at me for summarizing my week in a list:

-The baptism was incredible. Tons of people showed up to witness Bro. White and Bro. Mckinnon get baptized after years of investigating the church. I felt such joy for both families as they took giant leaps toward being eternal families. Just like many other baptisms I've witnessed, Bro. White had to be dunked twice because Elder Denton said the prayer wrong. No big deal.
-We set baptismal dates with Cassi and her son Matt for the 20th of April. Cassi really wants to make changes in her life after seeing her friend get baptized last year. Matt (13 years old) has a great understanding of the Gospel and is really solid too. Great people!
-Sunday was ward conference and we got a new bishop. The old Bishop - now Bro. Stoll - is moving his family to Colorado to accept a job there. Bishop Stoll will be replaced by Bro. Sanders. Bishop Sanders is a chiropractor here in town so everyone knows him. He'll do great.
-I met a less-active family named the Sneeds up in Walnut Grove on Friday. They lived in Lewiston and Preston for a long time until just a few years ago. We had a blast talking about Cache Valley - Gossner's, A&W, Macey's, Utah State, etc. I'm pretty sure they're my new favorite family in the ward :) Haha as long as they don't get me too trunky.

Besides that, we just worked our tails off visiting less-actives and investigators. It was one of those weeks where I felt like we worked so hard for barely any results (besides the baptisms, of course). But that's okay, we can't always instantly see the fruits of our labors.

Transfer calls are already this coming Saturday. I just got here! Next Monday I'll be sure to let you know what happened with that. And I also promise that I'll send a longer email next time. Gosh, I don't know why I'm so bushed... Maybe I just need to take a nap.

The Gospel is true! I love it and I love you.

Love, Elder Atkin

No comments:

Post a Comment